Today we received our second assignment which is to begin reverse engineering an idea/story for our senior film. We are to think about what technique of animation we wish to use, what kinds of characters, the aesthetic, etc. We are also to decide what it's "about." This doesn't mean to tell a story in the general sense, but to pick a topic and theme and then come up with story later. In other words we basically have to decide everything except the story, which is odd because sometimes my brain just spews out a story and then I feel compelled to animate it. However, this gives me an opportunity to think about what I want to see and what I want to say before nailing down how I want to say it.
Tonight I will be reading the assigned chapters from Paul Wells' "Scriptwriting." A book that focuses on the particulars of producing an animated film. I will also think a bit about what I want to say. I would give you a taste now, but I want to have it be a bit of a surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment