Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Scheming

I'm still working out ideas for my senior film. I had many ideas I was tossing about in my head over the winter break. These ideas were to be divided between my Concept Development class and my Experimental Animation class. The funny thing is that the ideas I thought I would work through in Experimental Animation are starting to look better for Concept and vice versa. 

Another thing I did over the break was some research for one idea involving the "creative spirit", as portrayed by a buck. This idea would be an attempt to tackle some of the issues I have involving freedom of expression, fears involving the creative process, what some people use their creativity to do, etc. I want a very soft warm aesthetic for this film. Earth tones, fur textures and other textures from lush forests, etc. I was also looking at Native American (especially Inuit) art work. So who knows, maybe this will be the piece I go with. We shall see. 

Themes and ideas, themes and ideas. They continue to circle my brain and I'm not quite sure what would be the best idea to run with. This Sunday I am to turn in some ideas. One thing we're supposed to think about is technique. My professor knows that I like stop motion a lot but I like 2D as well. So we'll see. 


2 comments:

  1. I have seen your cut out animation and think the deer would look good done like that. Soft colors of the earth and silence or using Native American flute music for background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer concept would look good in the cut out animation format like your Little Red Riding Hood. I would like to hear either forest sounds and silence and also some Native American flute music in beginning and at the ending.

    ReplyDelete